Books Bring Good Luck! - St. Patrick's Day Library Display
Looking for a simple, yet festive display for your classroom reading center or school library this St. Patrick's Day? Erica Nunez, parent volunteer and creator of DigiGirl Paper Crafts, and the creative ladies of Miami Lakes K-8 Center designed this fun display to add a little color to the walls as well as draw attention to a few holiday books! [There's just something about putting books on display that draws student attention!]
Books Bring Good Luck!
- Background: Yellow bulletin board paper.
- Title: "Books Bring Good Luck!"
- Border: St. Patrick's Day, reading, or rainbow themed bulletin board border.
- Decoration: 1) The Shamrocks. To create the shamrocks, simply find a shamrock template online to print onto different shades of green construction paper or purchase shamrock accents from your favorite teacher store, and arrange the festive shapes around the bulletin board. If using the bulletin board in the classroom, you might consider having your kiddos involved by having each of them write on a shamrock cutout why books are something to treasure! 2) The Leprechaun. Purchase a leprechaun accent or find a clip art image online to enlarge and trace onto white bulletin board paper. If creating your own, use craft paint to fill in the figure, then use a black marker to add detailing and an outline. 3) The Book Covers/Display. If you have an area to display holiday literature, do so! This is a great way to highlight, as well as encourage the reading of, books your students may or may not have encountered. If you don't have room to actually display your favorite holiday selections, print copies of the book covers to add on and around your bulletin board.
- The title on the original display is expressed through a poster. Note that you could also create a large shamrock or book shape from bulletin board paper to add the title to!