We Give A Hand For Peace! - MLK Day Bulletin Board
The perfect addition to your MLK Day lesson plans, this is not only a great way to help your students make a personal connection (and personal action plan for promoting peace!), it also provides a colorful display for the classroom!
Hand Print Craftivity
Invite students to think of ways they can promote peace - at home, in the classroom, on the playground, in the community, etc. After brainstorming ways in which they can be peacemakers, have them select one specific way and make a commitment to do it. For example;
- I will invite kids who are left out to play on the playground.
- I will take turns and share my toys.
- I will listen to directions and follow them the first time around.
Have them pen their pledge on the bottom of a piece of paper and add their hand print - either traced and cut from a piece of paper or made using craft paint - as a signature of sorts. Once dry/finished, add the craft to a piece of colored paper, creating a colorful border.
We Give A Hand For Peace!
- Background: Light blue bulletin board paper.
- Title: "We Give A Hand For Peace!"
- Border: Complimentary patterned/colored bulletin board borders. [NOTE: We selected two patterned borders to create a layered look.]
- Decoration: Use your kiddos' pledges! These will take up most of the space. As a way of tying in the peace theme, we also added two dove cutouts by the title, but those are certainly optional!
Winter Bulletin Board IdeasView More
Winter Classroom DecorationsView More
Supplies: We Give A Hand For Peace! | MLK Day Bulletin BoardView More
$5.79Out of Stock