We Give A Hand For Peace! - MLK Day Bulletin Board
The perfect addition to your MLK Day lesson plans, this is not only a great way to help your students make a personal connection (and personal action plan for promoting peace!), it also provides a colorful display for the classroom!
Hand Print Craftivity
Invite students to think of ways they can promote peace - at home, in the classroom, on the playground, in the community, etc. After brainstorming ways in which they can be peacemakers, have them select one specific way and make a commitment to do it. For example;
- I will invite kids who are left out to play on the playground.
- I will take turns and share my toys.
- I will listen to directions and follow them the first time around.
Have them pen their pledge on the bottom of a piece of paper and add their hand print - either traced and cut from a piece of paper or made using craft paint - as a signature of sorts. Once dry/finished, add the craft to a piece of colored paper, creating a colorful border.
We Give A Hand For Peace!
- Background: Light blue bulletin board paper.
- Title: "We Give A Hand For Peace!"
- Border: Complimentary patterned/colored bulletin board borders. [NOTE: We selected two patterned borders to create a layered look.]
- Decoration: Use your kiddos' pledges! These will take up most of the space. As a way of tying in the peace theme, we also added two dove cutouts by the title, but those are certainly optional!