"We Wish You A Merry Christmas!" Holiday Bulletin Board Idea
Nothing screams Christmas like stockings hung by the fireplace! Here's another simple display created by the teachers at McKinley Early Childhood Center that would make a great addition to your holiday decorating plans! Your kiddos are sure to have a great time creating the stockings and candy canes and, when they're finished, you'll have the makings of a great display!
Candy Cane Craft
- Provide your kiddos with a candy cane shape cut from white card stock.
- Armed with craft glue and red tissue paper, invite students to tear small pieces of tissue, scrunch them, and arrange them on the cutout to create the candy cane stripes.
- Give students stocking shapes cut from red card stock or construction paper.
- Have them add a row or two of cotton balls along the top of the stocking cutout.
- Then, armed with craft embellishments (i.e. markers, puffy paint, glitter glue, stickers, BINGO daubers, etc.) and glue, have students decorate a stocking to hang on the fireplace!
We Wish You A Merry Christmas!
- Background: White bulletin board paper.
- Title: "We Wish You A Merry Christmas!"
- Border: Red scalloped trimmer or Christmas themed bulletin board border.
- Decoration: 1) The Fireplace. Cut a large rectangle/square shape from red bulletin board paper and a smaller rectangle/square shape from black bulletin board paper, fitting it inside the red cutout to create a the fireplace shape. Hand-drawing 'bricks' on the red paper to complete the shape. [NOTE: Instead of red bulletin board paper and hand drawing the bricks, you might also consider using brick bulletin board paper!] Finally, add the 'fire' - i.e. logs cut from brown construction paper and flames cut from orange and yellow construction paper. Draw the shapes by hand or find a clip art image online that you can enlarge and trace! 2) The Stockings. Use your kiddos' crafts! 3) The Candy Canes. Again, use your kiddos' crafts!