"It's A Sweet Christmas!" Bulletin Board Idea
We love this festive holiday bulletin board created by the teachers at McKinley Early Childhood Center! Aren't the candies super cute?! Candy canes, gingerbread boys/girls, and wrapped candies are the perfect recipe for a sweet Christmas design!
Candy Cane Crafts
The original board features simple red and white construction paper candy canes. If you want to spice it up a bit or have your kiddos work with different art mediums, you might consider one of these fun projects;
- Scrunched Tissue Paper Candy Canes from Crafty Journal.
- Puffy Paint Candy Canes from Krafty Kid.
- Packing Peanut Candy Canes from Meme Tales.
- Thumbprint Candy Canes from Learn Create Love.
- Tape Resist Candy Canes from Modern Parents Messy Kids.
You can find lots of great gingerbread boy and girl templates online! Create cutouts from brown card stock then provide your kiddos with markers, buttons, craft puffs, puffy paint, glitter glue, etc. and invite them to decorate!
As your kiddos are busy creating candy canes and gingerbread people, you can whip up some cute 'wrapped candies' with dessert sized paper plates, craft paint (optional), cellophane, and ribbon! Patterned/colored cellophane makes the process easier because you don't have to paint the plate (or other prop) beneath it. However, if you're feeling ambitious, you might try makings some peppermint stars like these from Crafts n Coffee! [NOTE: The discs are cool, but you could always paint a white paper plate too!]
It's A Sweet Christmas!
- Background: White bulletin board paper.
- Title: "It's A Sweet Christmas!"
- Border: Red scalloped trimmer or Christmas themed border. We love how the original design features holly leaf cutouts at the corners. It adds a little pizzazz!
- Decoration: Use your kiddos' candy crafts!!
Christmas Bulletin Board IdeasView More
Christmas Classroom DecorationsView More
Supplies: "It's A Sweet Christmas!" Bulletin Board IdeaView More
$5.96Out of Stock