Penguins On Parade Winter Classroom Bulletin Board Idea
This fantastic penguin-themed bulletin board was designed by preschool teacher Stacy Antonelle. The foil background provides a bit of glitz and glam to a dreary winter classroom, while the student-made penguins are just adorable (to say the least!). Throw this board up at the beginning of December and you'll have festive decor for the entire season!
Antonelle had her preschoolers create inkblot penguins. Here are the basics if you plan to recreate them for your own board! You might also consider:
- These adorable handprint penguins we found over at Ceres Childcare & Preschool.
- "Scruncy penguins" like these at Activity Village - made from paper plates and art tissue paper.
- Paper plate and marker penguins like this cute project from CraftJr.
- This creative construction paper collage penguin craft we found at Kolcraft's Baby Matters Blog.
Penguins on Parade Bulletin Board
- Background: Cover the top half of your bulletin board with light blue background paper. Use crinkled sheets of aluminum foil on the lower half of the board.
- Title: "Penguins on Parade" - Antonelle scripted the title onto a cute 'wooden' sign, but you could also use traditional trace and cut lettering.
- Border: Penguin- or winter-themed bulletin board border or a complementary solid color trimmer.
- Decoration: 1) The Penguins (on Parade). Use your students' adorable crafts. 2) The Snowscape. Add some white and gray snowflake cutouts as well as a few icicles hanging from the top of the board and you're set!
We think this bulletin board design by Stacy Antonelle is just spectacular - and that it will make a great addition to any classroom! Thanks for visiting us! Be sure to leave us a comment below :)