26 Amazing Ocean Themed Bulletin Board Ideas!
Are you planning an ocean theme this year and need some last minute inspiration? Lori Zitzelberger, talented creator of Mud Pie Studio and bulletin board decorator extraoridnaire, came up with tons of great designs and invited us to take a look. Isn't it sweet of her to share her awesome ideas?!
We can't share them all - you can click here to see all 26 designs on her Pinterest board - but this week we'll give you a peek at our favorites!
Isn't the whale theme super fun?! We love the cutesy play on words and the bright whale cutouts against the dark background. Not to mention its versatility...
- Use it as a simple welcome board, penning student names onto the whale cutouts. In addition to their names, you might also add student photos to the cutouts or even tweak the title for a more personal message - i.e. "Mrs. Nelson's Kindergartners Are Something To Spout About!"
- Take Lori's suggestion and use it to display student work. Student success and exceptional work is always 'something to spout about'!
- Use it as a way to encourage kindness in and out of the classroom, recognizing students whose behavior is 'something to spout about!'
No matter how you use it, we know the board is sure to be a hit with your kiddos!
Something To Spout About!
- Background: Navy blue or black bulletin board paper.
- Title: "Something To Spout About!"
- Border: Complimentary patterned bulletin board border.
- Decoration: We suggest finding a cute black and white whale clip art image or coloring page that can be printed onto colored paper in order to create your own accents. [NOTE: Colored clip art would work too! Simply print onto white card stock and laminate for durability.] The purpose of the bulletin board will determine the size of the whales and other accents you might need!
Back To School Bulletin Board IdeasView More
Back to School Classroom DecorationsView More