"First Day Feelings" Graphing Activity
Doris Young over at Third Grade Thinkers shared this great first day of school activity that is sure to be a hit with your kinders. Begin by reading a book(s) that has to do with the first day of school...
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- Amelia Bedelia's First Day of School by Herman Parish
- The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing
- Kindergarten Rocks by Katie Davis
- Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
- Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes
- First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg
- Splat the Cat by Rob Scotton
Discuss as a class the different emotions that come with trying something new and meeting new people. Nervous. Excited. Scared. Happy. Invite your kiddos to share how they felt coming into class on the first day of school and graph the results! This is a great way to help students talk about their feelings, as well as a great way to build early math skills!
For this activity and lots of other great learning ideas, be sure to visit Third Grade Thinkers!