Children's Books for Constitution Day
Whether you set them out in the classroom library for your kiddos to explore independently or incorporate them into your story time, here's a list of books that would make the perfect addition to your Constitution Day lessons!
- We the Kids: The Preamble to the Constitution of the United States by David Catrow
- We the People: The Story of Our Constitution by Lynne Cheney
- . . . If You Were There When They Signed the Constitution by Elizabeth Levy
- A More Perfect Union: The Story of Our Constitution by Betsy Maestro
- Shh! We're Writing the Constitution by Jean Fritz
- America : A Patriotic Primer by Lynne Cheney
- The U.S. Constitution and You by Syl Sobel
Of course, you might also want to ask the library media specialist at your school or community library if there are other books they would recommend for your kiddos!
Colorful, informative, and entertaining literature - we can't think of a better way to learn about the history of our government!