Book Suggestions for Celebrating Earth Day
We love the idea of incorporating themed book bins in your classroom - and rotating them as units/lesson topics change. If you're looking for a selection of books to place in your Earth Day bin, we found this awesome post over at Carrots Are Orange and thought it would be perfect!
The literature selections offer a broad range of stories, lessons, and tips for being 'green' - everything from making your own reusable grocery bags and turning the water off while brushing your teeth to composting and finding alternative types of transportation (walking, riding bikes, etc). Just from the covers we can tell that the colorful illustrations will draw your kiddos in!
Along with Marnie's great recommendations, don't forget...
- Compost Stew by Mary McKenna Siddals
- This Is Our World by Emily Sollinger
- Peas on Earth by Todd H. Doodler
- Fancy Nancy: Every Day is Earth Day by Jane O'Connor
- The Earth and I by Frank Asch