4 Awesome Sorting Activities!
Jonelle, kindergarten teacher and creator of A Place Called Kindergarten, and her kiddos explored these awesome sorting activities and we thought they offered a great way to review colors, shapes, etc. as well as learn about classifying objects!
To prep her kiddos for the activity, Jonelle and her students spent some time reading about sorting. There are lots of awesome titles in her book list;
- The Button Box by Margarette S. Reid
- Sorting (Math Counts) by Henry Arthur Pluckrose
- Buttons Buttons (Learn to Read, Read to Learn: Science) by Rozanne Lanczak Williams
- Sort it Out! by Barbara Mariconda
- Corduroy by Don Freeman
- Size (Math Counts) by Henry Pluckrose
- Grandma's Button Box (Math Matters) by Linda Williams Aber
After reading these great books, she then had her kiddos explore sorting by size...
We love the use of colorful sorting mats and manipulatives!
While these activities are simple, they pack a learning punch! Be sure to visit A Place Called Kindergarten for these and lots of other great lesson ideas!