“Ocean Commotion” - Under The Sea Classroom Bulletin Board Idea
After the dreary winter, looking for fun spring and summer classroom decorations can be a breath of fresh air. We found this vibrant ocean-themed bulletin board idea at Mrs. Kilburn's Kiddos. It was designed by Barbara - teacher and creator of the website. With lots of student artwork and dynamic colors, the display would be perfect for any early childhood classroom!
Ocean Commotion Art Projects
- Paper plate sharks
- Hand print crabs
- Hand print octopi
- Watercolor seahorse cutouts
- Watercolor starfish cutouts
Be sure to visit Barbara Kilburn's full post for crafting directions! Your students are sure to have fun creating the display.
Ocean Commotion Bulletin Board Display
- Background: Aqua blue bulletin board paper with an added "wave" cutout at the top to create an ocean.
- Title: "Ocean Commotion!"
- Border: None needed.
- Decoration: 1) The Ocean Scene. Use crumbled brown bulletin board paper to create the ocean floor. Add twisted pieces of green construction paper, art tissue paper, or bulletin board paper to create seaweed on the ocean bottom. 2) The Animals. Use your students' ocean crafts to decorate the board, filling in the spaces with fish and other sea creature stamps (optional).
Thanks so much for stopping by! We'd love to hear what you think of our site, so leave us a comment below!