Student Opinion: Qualities of A Good Teacher
Ever wish you could climb into your students' heads to find out what they expect from you? The Apple contributor, Alistair Bomphray, has compiled a video of just that! Here are a few of the student's responses:
- "...a teacher who's honest and dedicated to their students...[one] who is willing to be there for their students no matter what."
- "...someone who is energetic, not too boring, knows how to teach but have a good time...someone who's strict, but not too strict, and someone who works with the students one-on-one."
- "...someone who's understanding...who [reaches] the student's needs."
- "A good teacher is someone who gives their time...[to] help students improve their lives."
- A teacher should be "real...treat students like people...share of their own life."
- "...someone I can feel comfortable with and talk to..."
- "...a teacher is a counselor...who is willing to give you advice...a teacher is not just a body with educated words is in...teaching is more than just about education."
To view the whole video, follow the link back to Bomphray's post on The Apple.
What Do Students Value in a Teacher? - TheApple.com
At our online supply store you'll find resources to improve your teaching and become the teacher your students expect you to be!