"How Many Gold Coins?" - St. Patrick's Day Play Dough Counting Mat
Students will have a blast practicing number recognition, strengthening counting skills, and building fine motor skills with this St. Patrick's Day themed play dough mat.
- Download the free printables.
- Print the play dough mat onto white card stock and place in a plastic document sleeve.
- Print and cut the number coins, laminating the coin cutouts to reduce wear and tear and placing them in a plastic cup/container.
- Make a batch of gold no-bake play dough.
- Set out the materials in your math center.
To complete the activity...
Invite students to draw a coin cutout from the container, identify the numeral on the cutout, then make and 'fill' the pot with the correct number of 'gold coins' made from the gold play dough.
Of course, if you don't have the time to make gold play dough, you can always use yellow play dough, plastic gold coins, paper coin cutouts, or other manipulatives with the counting mat!