Halloween Bowling Game
Halloween is just around the corner and if you're having trouble coming up with fun activities for your classroom party, try this 'spook-tacular' bowling game from Jennifer at Ramblings of a Crazy Woman!
Supplies You'll Need
- Recycled plastic bottles (2 liters work best)
- Construction paper in assorted colors
- Craft Scissors
- Craft glue
The Halloween character bowling pins are simple enough to create. Following her pictures, you'll end up with:
- Jack-O-Lantern Bowling Pin. Glue a piece of orange construction paper to the front half of the bottle. If you desire, cut the construction paper into the shape of a pumpkin. Use black construction paper to create the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Frankenstein Bowling Pin. Glue a piece of green construction paper to the front half of the bottle. Create "hair" from a strip of black construction paper; leave one end straight and use scissors to cut zigzags along the opposite edge. Glue to the top of the bottle (this will overlap the green paper base). Use squares of black construction paper for Frankenstein's neck bolts, black and white circles to create eyes, a green circle for the nose, and red construction paper to fashion a mouth. Add "stitch" detailing to the monster's face with black marker.
- Ghost Bowling Pin. Glue a piece of white construction paper to the front half of the bottle. If you desire, create a more realistic ghost shape (e.g. round the top edge and scallop the bottom edge). Use black construction paper to create eyes and a large oval mouth.
- Mummy Bowling Pin. Cover the front half of the bottle with strips of white construction paper. Use black and white construction paper to create the eyes and red to fashion a mouth. Add extra strips of white construction paper around the eyes to give the illusion that the mummy is peaking out of its wrap.
Jennifer also shows pictures of a Count Dracula bowling pin as well as a witch bowling pin. Be sure to check out her full post for ideas on how to create these other pins and for pictures to help you with the designs above! Your students are sure to have a great time with this exciting homemade game!