If you want to improve and refine the sentence and paragraph writing skills of middle grade students, then Writing Fabulous Sentences and Paragraphs is a "must have."
Topics covered include:
• Sentences -- combining sentences, adding descriptive details, using figurative language
• Single Paragraphs -- recognizing and writing main idea, topic sentence, and supportive details
• Multiple Paragraphs -- organizing notes and sentences into paragraphs, writing multiple paragraphs using webs, outlines, and notetaker forms
• 27 organizer forms for writing six types of paragraphs which include: how-to, narrative, compare/contrast, descriptive, persuasive and definition
Teacher resource information includes:
• keeping writing folders
• holding student writing conferences
• writing conference forms
• a paragraph skills checklist
We love to use the Evan-Moor books through the summer when the kids don't have school. I believe it helps keep them sharp and helps prevent major "summer slide".