Daily Language Review, Grade 2 is loaded with focused practice exercises.
Weekly units are presented in a Monday–Thursday format that includes:
• 2 sentences to edit for corrections in punctuation, capitalization, spelling, and grammar, etc.
• three items practicing a variety of language and reading skills
Friday practice cycles through three formats:
• identifying mistakes
• language usage
• correcting mistakes in lists and letters
The short daily lessons may be approached in several ways:
• make overhead transparencies and conduct the lessons as an oral activity with the entire class
• reproduce the pages for students to work independently
• check the answers as a group, using the overhead transparency
• occasionally use a lesson to test how individuals are progressing in their acquisition of skills