Daily Language Review, Grade 5 is loaded with focused practice exercises.
Weekly units presented in a Monday–Thursday format that includes:
• two sentences to edit, including corrections in punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar and vocabulary
• three items that practice a variety of language and reading skills
Friday practice cycles through five formats:
• language usage
• identifying and correcting mistakes
• combining sentences
• choosing reference materials
• figurative speech (similes, metaphors)
The short daily lessons may be approached in several ways:
• Make overhead transparencies and conduct the lessons as an oral activity with the entire class.
• Reproduce the pages for individuals or partners to work independently.
• Check the answers as a group using the overhead transparency.
• Occasionally use a lesson to test how individuals are progressing in their acquisition of skills.