This fun Easter themed matching activity is great for helping your students become acquainted with all of the different ways numbers can be represented, and practicing number recognition and counting skills! We have included an Easter basket with each number from 1-10 as well as seven different ways to count to that number: number words, dots, number words with dots, ten frames, tally marks, Roman numerals, and sign language. We've even included a page of blank eggs for you to create your own unique games and activities!
- Start by printing all of the pages in the download.
- Have your students help color the pages of eggs and baskets before cutting them out.
- Cut each basket page in half so you have 10 pages of easter baskets numbered 1-10.
- Cut each Easter egg out. (You can laminate them for extra durability once you cut them all apart.)
- Put all of the pieces in a bin or box and mix them up. Have your students start drawing pieces out of the box and match up the correct egg to the basket with the corresponding number. Your children can do this in groups or individually and it makes a great rainy day, inside recess activity!
Whole Numbers Example Page
Number Words Example Page
Dots Example Page
Number Words & Dots Example Page
Ten Frames Example Page
Tally Example Page
Roman Numerals Example Page
Sign Language Example Page
Blank Example Page
I love how this will teach number sense in different ways.