Paper Plate Easter Chick Craft
These paper plate Easter chicks are sure to make a great addition to your holiday crafting plans! Not only are they simple to create, they'll also add lots of vibrant color to your classroom walls!
Paper Plate Easter Bunny
Provide students with a paper plate, yellow craft paint, a paint brush, two wiggle eyes, a piece of orange construction paper, a glue stick, yellow craft feathers, and a piece of scrapbook paper.
- Paint the entire paper plate with yellow craft paint. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a small square of orange construction paper, folding it in half diagonally to create the chick's beak', and paste it to the center of the dried plate.
- Glue the wiggle eyes above the beak.
- Add a layer of glue around the outer edge of the plate, sticking craft feathers to the wet glue.
- Personalize the chicks by adding a bow or bow tie. Freehand a bow shape (or use the bow template) onto brightly colored/patterned scrapbook paper, cut out, and attach to the plate with glue.
To add something 'extra', we used black marker to add detailing to the plate. This, of course, is optional!