Making Animals from Recycled CDs
In the era of the newest and brightest technology, many of your CDs have become 'extinct'. Here are some great ideas for recycling your old discs into something fun and useful!
Learning about the life cycle of the frog or about pond life? Have your students make these adorable animals from recycled CDs.
- On green felt trace around the CD, cutting out the newly created circle.
- Draw four legs (it is simpler to think of drawing four "L" shapes with one end a bit bigger than the rest)
- With craft glue, adhere the green circle to to the top of the CD and the legs to the bottom.
- For eyes, glue two large green pom poms on the top and add wiggle eyes to the center.
- Two dots of black dimensional paint make the nose.
Other Cute CD Animals
Be sure to check out the family crafts section of About.com for the directions!