Perfect for your kinesthetic kindergartners! Help young learners grasp key math skills, and provide differentiated math practice through the fun, hands-on activities in these 12 centers. Each full-color center focuses on a skill from a Common Core State Standards math domain, such as numbers and counting, data, operations, measurement, and geometry.
The easy-to-assemble centers are stored in pocket folders, making them easy to use at a table, desk, or quiet area in the classroom. After a teacher or classroom aide models how to use a center, students can complete the activity independently, in pairs, or with the guidance of the teacher.
Each of the 12 centers includes:
• full-color center mats and task cards
• an overview with lesson objectives
• a student direction page that explains the center activity
• a written practice activity
• a center checklist to record each student’s progress
Take It to Your Seat: Common Core Math Centers has been updated to address the new advanced standards and provides:
• an increase in the variety and complexity of activities to practice each skill in alignment with Common Core State Standards.
• leveled tasks within some centers so that tasks progress in difficulty.
• an illustrated math concept or rule for every center to support visual learners and keep the focus on the targeted math concept or skill.